Primary School Focus Forum
This Forum is being held in Belconnen for the first time as part of the partnership that A Village for Every Child has with Southside Initiative and the Belconnen Network Coordinator, CRCS. We are really pleased to be able to offer a northside option for schools and ECECs. This forum will host the same presenters and format as the southside and will have a primary school focus. It will be held on
Venue: Kingsford Smith Primary School
The Forum will explore the different ways schools can and do support families using real life examples from Charles Condor Primary School and Evatt Primary School. The forum will also reflect upon the 2021 AEDC data and what this means for children living in Belconnen regions, and more. The forum will be an excellent opportunity to network and to share ideas, opportunities and experiences to support the work you already do in your school toward improving positive life outcomes for students and their families.
- Tracy Power – Australian Early Development Census. A snapshot on what the 2021 AEDC data tells us about children living in the southside suburbs and ways we can support positive change.
- Abby Aurora – ACT Education Directorate. Supporting primary school children and families to access quality learning experiences and support.
- Josh Vaughan – Kinnections. Sharing a new and innovative way to support schools toward better gauging and understanding each child’s wellbeing.
- Amanda More – Charles Conder Primary School. Reflecting on their school’s approach and culture to better support children and families in the area.
- Jamal See – Evatt Primary School. An update and the story behind the “Evatt Collective”.
The forum is ideal for:
- youth support workers
- social workers
- community and family coordinators
- executive teachers
- OSHC Managers/ Directors
The Southside Initiative was created in late 2022 with the aim to develop a community driven approach to better reach and support vulnerable children 0-8 years and their families. It will also focus on keeping the AEDC conversation alive between stakeholders which include Government, community organisations, schools and early childhood services.
The second Southside Initiative Forum will have a primary school focus and will be held on
Venue: Richardson Primary School